By using Tompee you accept and agree to the latest terms and conditions. If you breach this agreement or our
please let us know so that we can act accordingly.
1. Modification of terms
2. Access to Tompee / Using Tompee
We will do our utmost to ensure that your experience with Tompee is uninterrupted and transactions are error free. Your access to the website may be temporarily restricted due to repairs, development or maintenance.
You agree not to attempt to hack or interfere with the website in anyway, either manually or automatically. You must not use Tompee in anyway that causes or is likely to cause any interruptions or damages to the website, service or users.
3. Membership / Access Eligibility
To use Tompee you must be old enough to form legally binding contracts, (throughout much of the world individuals under the age of eighteen are unable to enter into such contracts). Minors may only use the site with the involvement of a parent or guardian (over eighteen).
4. Registration / Your account
You may browse Tompee free of charge and without registering. To make a bid or sell an item you must register with us. During registration you will be asked to provide information such as name, address, telephone number etc. The information you provide must be true, accurate, current and complete. Should any of these details change you must amend them in your account.
You will also be asked to create a login consisting of a username and password. This is used to identify you when using Tompee. It is your responsibility for all actions taken under that account. You must make every effort to keep you username and password safe and never disclose it to anyone. If at any point your password is revealed you should change it immediately within your account and/or contact us.
You may not transfer or sell your account to anyone.
We may assume that our relationship with you has been terminated if your account remains inactive (if you don’t log in to the site) for over 6 months and your account may be deleted.
5. Safe Trading
Tompee provides a platform for users to buy, sell and negotiate deals. We only provide a service; we are not involved with any transaction or contract made between buyer and seller.
Authentication is difficult on the Internet, as we cannot guarantee that all users are using the site as intended. Therefore they are risks that you assume when using this site.
Tompee cannot control the behaviour of its users or the information they provide. Because of this we cannot guarantee the quality, safety, or legality of any item. We cannot assure that transactions will be completed and are at no point in possession of anything listed or sold. We cannot be held responsible for our users actions or inactions.
To help you judge whether a user is a genuine and safe we have a feedback system. When a deal is completed (either as a seller or buyer) you should leave feedback to ensure our other users have an accurate user rating. When using this feedback tool you must remain courteous and honest.
When a deal is agreed your details (Email address, postal address and Telephone number) will be forwarded to the other party (seller or buyer) and theirs to you in order to complete the transaction (organise payment and delivery). By using Tompee you agree for this to happen.
When using Tompee please use caution, common sense and act within the rules of the site.
If you make an offer and it is accepted you are contractually bound to complete the deal. If you are in any doubt about the product/description you are bidding on you should do the relevant research and/or contact the seller before making an offer. An offer can be cancelled at any point up until the seller has agreed to the deal.
You should check your ‘Offers’ page regularly. Do not just rely on emails to notify you of a rejected/accepted bid.
You must not use Tompee or its services to attempt to buy outside its payment system.
As the buyer you are responsible to pay any postage, customs and excise duty, VAT and any other taxes Involved in the sale.
You must not bid on items that infringe copyright law (e.g. pirated DVD’s, games etc) or items that are prohibited, a list of prohibited items can be found in section 9 Listing/adding items (below). It is your responsibility to ensure that any item you buy is legal for you to buy use own in or import into your country or state.
You must not list (add) an item unless you are the rightful owner or you have authorised permission from the owner. Once you have accepted an offer you are legally bound to complete the deal. Up until you accept an offer you may remove an item at anytime. You must not list an item unless you are prepared to sell it at the price you indicate.
You should check your ‘Offers’ page regularly, do not just rely on emails to notify you of an offer and/or sale.
You must not use Tompee or its services to attempt to sell outside of its payment system.
Sellers must not bid on their own items or procure that others do so in an attempt to create interest or increase the price.
It is the seller’s responsibility to determine and collect any postage, customs and excise duty, VAT and any other taxes Involved in the sale.
It is your responsibility to ensure that any item you sell is legal for you to sell to or export to the buyers country or state
8. Listing / Adding an item
Failure to comply with any/all of the following conditions may result in your items being edited or deleted or in extreme/repeat cases can lead to your account being suspended or terminated. Tompee cannot be held responsible for users errors or use of copyright/illegal content.
- All the information provided must be correct. Failure to accurately describe an item could breach our terms and conditions and be fraudulent and could subject the seller to civil and/or criminal liability.
- Any content (e.g. pictures, text etc) used must be your own or you must have permission to use them from the originator/owner.
- An items title must be accurate and appropriate (e.g. if an item is listed as an ‘Xbox 360 console’ it must be an actual Xbox 360. Not just an accessory, game, an older/prior model Xbox or a different games console).
- You must not charge excessive postage costs in an attempt to hike up the final offer.
- You should not list an item in an inappropriate category (e.g. a standard brandless mp3 in the Apple iPod category).
- You grant us permission for the purpose of the listing of the item to the use of all text and images and all intellectual property rights in the text and images for the purpose of our listing of the item.
- You must not add the same item multiple times.
- You may not add any items that infringe copyright law (e.g. pirated DVD’s, games etc). Sellers are held solely responsible to ensure that their items are in full compliance with any legal limitations or restrictions.
- Tompee is intended for personal use only. Users agree not to make any commercial use out of our services.
The following is a non-exhaustive list of items prohibited from listing on Tompee:
- Tickets (entertainment, travel & Lottery).
- Counterfeit currency and stamps.
- Credit Cards (current or expired).
- Firearms & ammunition.
- Fake ID Cards.
- Stolen items.
- Unlocking software.
- Animals (Live, stuffed, skins and ivory).
- Counterfeit trademark items.
- Drugs & Drug paraphernalia.
- Mailing lists & personal information.
- Tobacco & Tobacco items.
- Offensive or pornographic material or works
- Knives or other weapons
9. Interacting with other users
Tompee users can communicate in a range of different ways. It is essential that our users can communicate easily with each other, be that via feedback, comments, questions, ‘Messages’, email or telephone.
Users must refrain from harassing, using illegal, obscene, racist, discriminatory, abusive, threatening, defamatory, hateful, invasive of privacy or otherwise harmful or offensive content/language or sending viruses, advertising, chain letters, pyramid schemes or any other form of ‘spam’. Users must be honest when leaving feedback.
Any content that you post/send must be your own or you must have permission to use it and it must not infringe any copyright laws.
10. Loss / Damage
We cannot be held responsible for any loss of information from your computer or any computer malfunctions that occur whilst using Tompee. We will not be held responsible for any financial loss gained as a result of using the website or for any downtime that the website experiences. We cannot be held responsible for faulty, damaged or incorrect products.
Tompee, Tompee.com, Tompee.co.uk and the Tompee logo and styling are Trademarks. These must not be used or recreated without our explicit written permission.